Deferred taxes - Reporting package support
Deferred tax instructions represent separate sections in reporting packages received from headquarters. Different schedules, forms and calculations make deferred tax processing a complex exercise for which sufficient resources are not always available.
In order to meet deferred tax reporting requirements, we provide operational support and:
- review or interpret instructions in the reporting packages to complete deferred tax reports in the required manner;
- prepare balance sheet data as a basis for deferred tax calculations;
- complete deferred tax forms in the reporting packages together with company officials so that such tasks can be performed without assistance in future;
- review deferred tax reports completed by the companies and reconcile differences where necessary;
- consider the following items during the review of deferred taxes:
- effects of IFRS, US GAAP and Hungarian accounting differences;
- effects on income taxes;
- the effective tax rate reconciliation;
- proper allocation of deferred tax assets and liabilities.
Most common complications are the following:
- difficulties to understand instructions in the reporting packages;
- deferred tax forms are not always clear;
- limited support from headquarters;
- lack of adequate skills.